Australia’s leading health tech accelerator
program, now in its third year
HCF Catalyst is open to all stage businesses.
Are you a Startup?
HCF has partnered with Slingshot to deliver a 12-week program designed to produce the business model, traction and investment you need to succeed. If you're selected into the program in just 12 weeks HCF and Slingshot will help you to validate your business model, confirm you are developing a product or service customers want, build a minimum viable product (MVP) and demonstrate progress to advisors and investors.
The 12-week intensive curriculum covers:
- Business modelling
- Traction and customer insights
- Branding and marketing
- Financial modelling
- Pitch coaching
- Raising capital
All content will be delivered by the Program Manager and Entrepreneur in Residence, supported by leading mentors who are experts in their field.
What do we get?
HCF is Australia’s largest not-for-profit health fund. Being a HCF Catalyst participant provides the potential opportunity to work with a large, engaged customer with over 1.5 million members.
- Selected participants receive up to $150,000 of investment and the opportunity to secure next round investment from HCF, the Slingshot Venture Fund and our investment partners (see investment terms below)
- 12-week structured education program, led by industry experts, designed to get you investor ready
- An additional 12-week incubation program for selected teams focused on driving results
- Work with the HCF Catalyst and Slingshot teams, as well as select HCF executives to secure a potential deal
- Mentoring from industry experts, matched to you and your needs
- Influential partner and champion backing
- Access to international pool of investors
- Invitations to community events
- Branding and marketing support
- Legal and financial advice from Slingshot
- Inclusion in HCF Catalyst and Slingshot media and events
What are the investment terms?
Slingshot will provide an initial upfront investment of $50,000 for 10% equity in your business. Note: There are no hurdles to accessing this funding, all Startups receive $50,000 on entry into the 12-week program.
Unlike other programs, the HCF Catalyst offers the potential for a further $100,000 of follow-on funding from the Slingshot Venture Fund. To access this funding, you will need to receive follow-on investment from three or more investors. Importantly, the follow-on funding is at a valuation set by your Startup with no discount.
HCF may look to invest in select businesses after the completion of the HCF Catalyst program. Any investment by HCF is at a 25% discount to your valuation (if within 18 months of joining the program).