Mova is a mobile application that uses motion tracking technology to transform your smartphone into a wearable device. Aiming to be the athlete’s coach from the moment they step in the gym to the moment they step out, Mova guides and motivates its users so they can achieve a high-efficiency and high-quality workout.
The innovative technology makes it the first gym app that reacts to the user activity and responds accordingly. Mova is seizing the market opportunity by taking advantage of several trends – from consumer increasingly looking for cheap and effective solutions to faster achieve their fitness goals to a growing Australian wearables market.
Aleph, Afonso and Edwaldo bring their experience and passion for sports to help improve the lives of the 4.6 million Australians that hit the gym every week.
Neto was “that” kid that was always trying to sell his friends something new. He likes to consider himself a hustler with hipster tendencies.
He started the Mechanical Engineer Bachelor at University of Santa Catarina in Brazil and was selected to an International Sponsorship Program awarded by academic merits and a lot of hustling. Neto choose Australia as his place to live.
Since exposed to the core concepts of entrepreneurship, his entrepreneurial initiatives gave him a range of awards in Hackathons, Pitch Competitions, and Innovation contests. He is obsessive about Growth Hacking, and New Business Development and he is fascinated about customer acquisition funnels and tactics.
He believes that anyone can achieve anything in life if they can solve people’s problems. Neto loves surf, martial arts, fitness, books, travelling and to learn new skills from different people, every opportunity is an opportunity to learn something new.
Follow their journey as the founders share their actions, achievements, wins and learnings below.
- Added sample workouts
- Built in app user profile.
- New after workout stats after each set.
- Paid version on App store
- Business Model being tests
- Better UI interface for analytics display in new graphs.
- Enhanced motion tracker precision to 3-axis instead of 2-axis
- Validation test for different niches – CrossFit and yoga.
- Survey to better understand how users interact with different fitness apps.
- Added exercise analytics after each set: total resting time, total exercising time and average rep time.
- Launched new ad campaign targeted at Australia, US and Canada with a user questionnaire that shows the best workout pattern depending on answers.
- Hit 1000+ downloads on App Store.
- Added new app feature “background music”
- New developer hired
- Meeting with personal trainers to explore exercise routines with Mova
- Added new app feature “rest times”
- Twitter organic growth my 100%
- Created channels for B2B growth
- Created Mova twitter and achieved an initial organic growth of 100 followers.
- Facebook video gathered 3.6k views
- 40 weekly active users
- 20 user testing followed up by interview
- New app version developed
- Meetings with personal trainers
- New landing page
- Media footage for marketing campaign
- Improved tracking system
- Rebranded as Mova
- App released to beta-users
- Explored monetization option
- Pivoted technology application to personal trainers and gym users. Providing accurate information about their workout to faster achieve fitness goals, prevent injuries and track progress.
- Began value proposition testing to gather insights into the demographics and distribution of potential costumers
- Afonso arrived in Sydney