The Pelvic Expert is a one-stop digital destination providing evidence-based and holistic women’s healthcare programs for pelvic pain, pregnancy and postpartum problems. The Pelvic Expert was founded in 2016 by Heba Shaheed, a women’s health coach and physiotherapist, and Nabeil Allam, a business strategist, after witnessing the lack of education and accessible services in pelvic health.
15-25% of women suffer from pelvic pain, and each year millions of women worldwide suffer from pregnancy and birth related complications. The Pelvic Expert serves to reduce the global burden of pelvic problems by delivering affordable, accessible and evidence-based digital programs for women. Programs include women’s health physiotherapy education on bladder, bowel, sexual and menstrual health, holistic nutrition, functional exercise videos including pilates and yoga, and pain neuroscience education.
Heba Shaheed is the Founder of The Pelvic Expert – a one-stop digital destination providing evidence-based and holistic women’s healthcare programs for pelvic pain, pregnancy and postpartum problems. Heba has over 7 years experience as a women’s health coach and physiotherapist holding a Bachelor of Applied Science (Physiotherapy) from the University of Sydney, and numerous postgraduate certificates in pelvic rehabilitation, women’s health, pilates, yoga, functional exercise, holistic nutrition and pain science. She has collaborated with some of Australia’s leading obstetricians, gynaecologists, colorectal surgeons, pain medicine specialists and advanced laparoscopic surgeons.
Heba is on a mission to give women’s health a voice and openly talks about taboo topics such as periods, incontinence, constipation, pelvic organ prolapse and painful sex. Heba is especially passionate about raising awareness of chronic pelvic pain conditions such as endometriosis, which affects 1 in 10 women worldwide; she has hosted webinars and interviews with leading international experts in endometriosis, and is an advisor to the Endometriosis Special Interest Group, formed by Endometriosis New Zealand.
Nabeil Allam is a Co-Founder of The Pelvic Expert – a one-stop digital destination providing evidence-based and holistic women’s healthcare programs for pelvic pain, pregnancy and postpartum problems. Nabeil has a background in business strategy and is responsible for developing the strategic roadmap, business model, financial model, and identifying growth opportunities for The Pelvic Expert. Nabeil completed a Bachelor of Business with a major in Finance and Accounting, and is currently studying an Executive MBA at The Australian Graduate School of Management, UNSW.
Nabeil has worked in some of Australia’s largest financial institutions and was responsible for strategic planning and business planning, analysing market trends and attractiveness, conducting detailed competitive analysis, providing strategic advice and recommendations to senior leaders and the Board, identifying profit growth opportunities, and communicating the business strategy to leaders and staff. Nabeil has also worked in roles in research, investments, operations and accounting.
Follow their journey as the founders share their actions, achievements, wins and learnings below.
- Conversations with 2 corporates about in-house seminars and supplier licences
- 4 specialists joined pelvic health advisory board
- Move to AWS and new website in development
- Secured web developer for website refresh with new brand
- Pitch to HCF
- Ran another facebook campaign to webinar securing more sales
- New branding complete
- Pitch coaching session with Craig
- Secured partnership with another organisation
- Photoshoot with Magdalena for Pitch Deck
- Ran facebook campaign to webinar
- Validated product-market fit with webinar sales
- Met with HCF content marketing
- Workshop session on optimising Facebook marketing with Jared Codling
- Testing social media marketing and email sequencing
- Completed MVP 12-week program membership site and email nurture sequence
- Growing email list via social media
- Heba gave birth on International Women’s Day with an all-female team
- PR – spoke on pelvic health on 2 radio channels
- Article on endometriosis in Mindfood magazine
- Met with branding specialist for brand refresh
- Discussions with leading baby websites about article submissions and advertising
- Engaged PR firm
- Met with pain medicine specialist for endorsement
- Discussed collaboration with a foundation
- Created sales page
- Met with 2 gynaecologists for endorsements
- Learnt about the importance of having credibility – and therefore we are targeting endorsements from professionals and institutions
- Looking to apply for government funding
- Induction week – met the slingshot and HCF team and other startups and scaleups, learnt about the accelerator program
- Team developed a lean canvas
- HCF mentoring session – learnt about increased health claims in 28-38 age group directly related to maternity